One of the ways you can show your support for BASE Camp is through fundraising.
Fundraisers can take many different forms: Swim-A-Thon, Coin Canisters, Hat Day, Dress Down Day, Sam’s Club Foundation, selling your stuff on eBay…
BASE Camp is always happy to talk with you about fundraising opportunities. We’re grateful to share with you fundraising tips that have worked for us in the past, as well as previous successful fundraisers we’ve run.
Here are some useful questions to consider when putting together a fundraiser:
- What is the Purpose of your fundraiser?
- Ex: Are you raising money for BASE Camp “Second Wishes”?
- What is the fundraising Goal?
- In the above example, it could be raising at least $500.
- What is your Budget?
- Consider the cost of staff, invitations, space rental, catering, entertainment, transportation, security, utilities, and anything else your event might need.
- Who will help Lead this fundraiser?
- Think of potential donors, sponsors, or influencers in your community who could help nudge your fundraiser towards success.
- Who is your target Audience?
- Is it a general walk-in event? Are you focusing on a specific demographic (business people, parents, college students)?
- How will you Set-Up your event?
- Where will it be? Will food be provided? Is there going to be entertainment? How should people dress?
- How will you Advertise your event?
- With your audience in mind, determine ways to attract the people you need: via social media, posters, mailed invitations, phone calls, influencers, etc…
- How will you accept Funds?
- Will people pay at the event? Online? Will different levels of payment offer different opportunities for participants (ie, “VIP treatment”)?
Don’t worry—we’re here to help you answer these questions! Contact Us to share how you’d like to pitch in, and we’ll help you hash out the details.
Here is a list of some of our previous fundraisers:
- Miles for Smiles – Walk, run, skip, bike, climb, swim, or in-line skate to raise money for BASE Camp Milestone Parties.
- Seminole County Celebrity Waiter Luncheon – An afternoon full of outrageous FUNdraising for local children with cancer!
- Our Annual Black & White Weekend – and unique get together for hundreds of people of all ages and work backgrounds from all over Central Florida and beyond for eating, drinking, dancing, mingling, socializing, networking, photos, entertainment and so much more in a very upscale indoor and outdoor venue across 2 days and 1 incredible Friday night all while supporting a great charity.
- Hat Day, or “Dress Down Day” – Honor children on chemo. Everyone in the office who makes a donation to BASE Camp can wear a hat to school or work, or wear casual clothes to work. Fun hats make smiles. Be the coordinator of your office or school!
- Orlando’s Magical Dining Month – A month-long program where participating restaurants feature three-course, prix fixe dinners at the exceptional value of $35 per person. Through Visit Orlando, one dollar from each meal sold will benefit Freedom Ride and BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation
- Cents for Kids – Coin canister collection. Find fruitful locations for folks to drop their spare change. Every penny counts.
- Poker Run – The Osceola Riders ran a motorcycle ride to benefit BASE Camp.
- Ready Golf League Charity Tournament – A fun fund-raising golf event!
- Sam’s Club Foundation – Hold a fund-raiser at Sam’s Club for BASE Camp. After approval for fund-raising, the SAM’S CLUB Foundation will match up to $1,000 of the funds raised at the SAM’S CLUB location.
- Tupperware – Order and have an online party or a fund raiser!