President & Founder
Terri is currently one of only a few staff members of BASE Camp. She is happily married to a Designer at a Civil-Engineering Firm in Oviedo, and is the proud mother of a son and a daughter.
Terri's motto is "Life is Full!" and her philosophy is, "What goes around comes around, so always be nice!"
Fun Facts About Terri:
- Born in Jackson, Mississippi, the 5th of five children
- Graduated High School in 1975 from Jackson Central
- Attended College from 1975-1976 at Jackson State University
- Completed Pharmacy Technician training at the V.A. Hospital in San Francisco, CA in 1976
- Continues Education at Valencia Community College, Winter Park
- Moved to Orlando in May of 1980
- Started volunteering for Leukemia Society in 1981
- Was on staff of Leukemia Society, Central Florida from '82-'92
- Left Leukemia Society in 1992 to help found BASE Camp Children's Cancer Foundation with Laurie and Ben Dillard
Parent & Program Director
Cindy joined the BASE Camp Team in 2005 knowing firsthand what it means to be on the cancer journey. Her son, Danny, was diagnosed at the age of 5 with medulloblastoma. Cindy got to know Terri and BASE Camp at the hospital and, knowing the value of the programs, continued on to join the staff after her son (who is now 16) went into remission.
Cindy serves as BASE Camp's Program Director and you will find her out at the hospitals and overnight camps, delivering the programs she loves to the families we love.
Rachel joined the BASE Camp team in 2009. If she's not leading karaoke with the kids, you will find her in the back office working on volunteer coordination, marketing, accounting, development, and special event production.
Ryan, a UCF School of Business student, joined the BASE Camp team and is currently fulfilling his internship with a focus on Human Resources. You will find him at the hospitals helping carry out our program deliveries.