Your COST to Volunteer: Your time, transportation, costs/donation, and $7 dollars for a BASE Camp t-shirt or $15 for a polo. In order to defray our costs for volunteers’ shirts we ask you to buy your shirt
Rules & Dress Code
- No Alcohol, Smoking, Cursing, Sexual misconduct allowed
- Dress for the occasion, most often we are casual. At BASE Camp events be sure to dress for your task; shorts, swim suit, etc.
- Hospitals have their own dress code you must follow;
- For Fundraising Events wear: BASE Camp Shirt, Clean long shorts, skirt, slacks
Possible Areas to Volunteer
BASE Camp Buddy
- Identify children in your school who can benefit from BASE Camp programs
- Share information of upcoming monthly camps and events that kids affected by cancer may attend individually or with a sibling or parent.
Send Birthday Cards
- We need volunteers to send birthday cards to patients, siblings, and parents by phone or email each month.
- Check on their needs and to let them know what BASE Camp is doing
Shifts at the BASE Camp office
- We are open Monday through Friday 8am – 6pm
- Shifts range anywhere from 4-8 hours
- Volunteers typically work in office administration and do duties such as answering the phone, data entry, organize program supplies and in-kind donations.
Shifts at One of the Children’s Hospitals
- You could work at Florida Children’s Hospitals or Arnold Palmer Children’s Hospitals & Clinics. Only for 18+ volunteers.
- The work usually consists of 3 hour shifts. Possible shifts:
- Monday or Thursday – breakfast Picnic In the Playroom @ FL Hospital Outpatient Clinic 8am – 11am
- Monday or Wednesday Lunch 11am-2pm @ Arnold Palmer
- Wednesday LUNCH 11am-2pm – APH MDAnderson outpatient clinic
- Friday Dinner & A Movie 4pm – 8pm @ Arnold Palmer
BASE Camp Monthly Overnight Camp
- Shifts go anywhere from 4 – 24 hours
- The only chaperon rule; Have FUN and help the kids have FUN!
- Our camps are GENERALLY 3rd weekend of each month Noon Saturday to Noon Sunday at local hotels; “camp out in the ballroom”
Food Basket – Groceries
- Once a month we deliver a weeks worth of groceries to the neediest families
- We deliver 30 – 50 boxes each month!
- BASE Camp delivers balloons & cake to celebrate the day!
- Weekly “on call” celebration of milestone, patient birthday, ends of chemo, etc.
- We need cake and cupcake cake sponsors; Publix, Albertsons, Mylar balloon sponsors
Fundraising Development, Marketing & Public Relations
- Some events we do are 5k’s, Endurance, Miles for Smiles; participants get sponsors for their miles
- Membership Drive; $95, $250, $500; Rachel@basecamp.org
- School, Church, Small Business Liaison; Hat & Pajama Days, Dress Down
- Event Coordinator; 3rd Party events; car wash, road block, etc.
- Speakers Bureau; show video and speak on behalf of BASE Camp
- Learn more about our fundraisers
Ready to help out?
- Check out our calendar and contact us to get involved!
- If you are available and want to attend, email us and sign up!
- Thank you! We cannot run our programs without the help of volunteers
- From the inception of our programs we have been dependent on volunteers to carry out our mission; to make a difference in the life of a child!