President & Founder
Terri is currently one of only a few staff members of BASE Camp. Numerous volunteers make BASE Camp a reality each month. She is happily married to a Designer at a Civil-Engineering Firm in Oviedo, and is the mother of a son and a daughter. Terri's motto is "Life is Full!". Terri's philosophy is "What goes around comes around, so ALWAYS be nice!".
- Born in Jackson, Mississippi, the 5th of Five children
- Graduated High School in 1975 from Jackson Central
- Attended College from 1975-1976 at Jackson State University
- Completed Pharmacy Technician training at the V.A. Hospital in San Francisco, CA in 1976
- Continues Education at Valencia Community College, Winter Park
- Moved to Orlando in May of 1980.
- Started volunteering for Leukemia Society in 1981
- Was on staff of Leukemia Society, Central Florida from '82-'92
- Left Leukemia Society in 1992 to help found BASE Camp Children's Cancer Foundation with Laurie and Ben Dillard
Parent, & Program Director
Cindy joined the BASE Camp Team in 2005 knowing first hand what it is to be on the cancer journey. Her son Danny, was diagnosed at the age of 5 with medulloblastoma. Cindy got to know Terri and BASE Camp at the hospital and knowing the value of the programs continued on to join the staff after her son (who is now 16) went into remission. Cindy serves as BASE Camp's Program Director and you will find her out at the hospitals and overnight camps delivering the programs she loves to the families we love.
Rachel joined the BASE Camp team in 2009. If she's not leading karaoke with the kids you will find her in the back office working on volunteer coordination, marketing, accounting, development and special event production.
Mike Rainaldi was responsible for introducing Mister Dann to BASE Camp. He was Dann's partner for 10 years. Mike was a camper in Starlighters, the ancestor or BASE Camp, and later chaperoned with BASE Camp. The disorder called Autoimmune Hepatitis ended his life in 2003. Mike took Dann out with him to chaperone starting in 1993. Dann says that fond memories of the weekend outings with the BASE Camp kids are etched in the brain. Dann thanks Terri for her dedication to the group, which has produced so many wonderful experiences over the years.
Dann offered to build a little Web site for BASE Camp in the late 90's. Knowledge of all things Web was budding, and he was eager to learn. The construction, maintenance, and subsequent recreations of the site is both challenging and rewarding. Dann now lives in Austin Texas, so there is no longer chaperone fun the weekend outings, but he still donates time and service for the production of the Web site for BASE Camp.
Ryan, a UCF School of Business student, joined the BASE Camp team and is currently fulfilling his internship with a focus on Human Resources. You will find him at the hospitals helping carry out our program deliveries.